Natural stone countertops fit the modern lifestyle in a variety of applications. Certainly natural stone counters in your kitchen and bathroom are traditional applications. But what about the durability and stain resistance of natural stone in the laundry room? Or downstairs on the basement bar? Natural stone countertops are the perfect accent to any home, and provide lasting value and utility in a variety of rooms in your home. At Lewis you can find 100s of granite and marble slabs on display in our Northbrook warehouse. In addition, Lewis offers fabrication services as well. Contact one of the design consultants at Lewis Floor & Home to learn more about natural stone countertops for your home.There are many options available when deciding what kind of countertop is best for your lifestyle. Here are some important things to consider when consider Granite or Quartz countertops.
Granite is a natural stone.
Granite is a very hard surface and does not scratch easily.
Unless you get the sealer that is guaranteed for a lifetime, granite countertops need to be sealed once a year.
Seams on a granite countertop are not invisible.
Since granite is a natural stone, there will be fissures in any slab.
You should NOT put hot pans directly onto granite as this can cause cracks in the countertop.
Quartz countertops are made with quartz crystals, held together with a resin that is hard as stone.
Quartz is a very hard material and does not scratch easily.
Quartz has the look of granite countertops.
Seams on a quartz countertop are not invisible.
Quartz countertops never need sealing because there are no fissures in them.
Quartz countertops are smooth in texture and you can put food directly on them.
Quartz countertops are not designed to have hot pans placed directly on them. They are not warrantied against damage from the heat.
Quartz countertops in general do cost more than granite.
REASONS TO BUY SLABS FROM LEWIS FLOOR & HOME
- High Quality Slabs that are selected by Steve Lewis personally from suppliers around the world
- All First Quality Materials – No seconds or commercial slabs
- More than 100 colors in stock in Northbrook for fast delivery and immediate selection
- You only pay for the portion of the slab you need as opposed to having to purchase the entire slab as long as we have inventory
- Our own fabrication allows for fast professional service (Usually within one week of template)
- Materials are directly imported from around the world to assure the most competitive pricing and quality as well as the best selection
- We remove and haul away your old counter tops
- We offer more standard edge details than our competition and unlimited custom edge details
- We fully guarantee our installations and reinforce kitchen sink cutouts with metal rods on marble and granite installations (not quartz)
- We provide a high level of customer service and information during the template process to help assure a positive customer experience