Looking for a job? Lewis Floor & Home is a full-service premier floor covering store located in Northbrook, a northern suburb of Chicago. Founded in 1954, this third generation company has expanded its product offerings to include carpet, area rugs, tile, stone, hardwood, vinyl, laminate, counter tops, cabinetry and window treatments. Lewis Floor & Home serves the needs of residential, commercial, designer, insurance and builder/contractor clients. We are proud of our commitment to quality and diversified product, competitive pricing, superior customer service, and knowledgeable staff.
Current openings within the company are:
Part-time Stock Position (Northbrook)
Compensation: $12.00 an hour
Employment type: part-time
Are you a College Student looking for a job that can work around your class schedule?
Lewis Floor and Home has a job for you!
We are currently looking for a part-time stock person who will be responsible for:
1. Showroom maintenance and stocking
2. Assisting sales consultants with area rugs and samples
3. Assembling flooring displays
4. Transporting flooring samples and rugs to customers’ cars
5. Miscellaneous showroom assistance
MUST be able to lift 80 pounds or more. 15 – 20 hours per week during a combination of weekdays and weekends.
Window Treatment Sales
Lewis Floor & Home is looking for someone interested in working 25-30 hours a week. The ideal candidate will have window treatment sales experience, excellent organization, interpersonal, communication and project management skills. Design experience is a plus.
Job Responsibilities will include:
1) Demonstrate exceptional customer service with priority focus on solutions.
2) Build collaborative partnership with customer, peers and management.
3) Entire lifecycle sales including lead generation, prospecting, networking, presentation and close.
4) Demonstrate an enthusiastic and positive attitude.
5) Goal driven with the ability to handle multiple priorities and quickly learn new processes and procedures.
6) Communicate effectively with customers, peers and management.
1) Design or decorating background, or design degree a plus.
2) Knowledge of PC data input skills, internet navigation, and the ability to interpret data required.
3) Math acumen, ability to use calculator and measuring tape required.
4) Manage customer / client base.
5) Ability to handle physical requirements to accomplish daily responsibilities.
Lewis Floor & Home is a full-service premier floor covering store located in the Northern Suburbs of Chicago. Founded in 1955, this third generation company has expanded its product offerings to include carpet, area rugs, tile, stone, hardwood, vinyl, laminate, counter tops, custom cabinetry and window treatments. Lewis Floor & Home has established residential, commercial, designer, insurance, and builder departments to service different market segments and customer needs. We are proud of our commitment to quality and diversified product, competitive pricing, superior customer service, and knowledgeable staff.
We are looking for a Part-Time Showroom Receptionist to join our Northbrook, IL location. Job Responsibilities will include:
- Answering phones for the sales floor and helping customers/vendors to connect to the appropriate person
- Helping to monitor the sales rotation system
- Maintaining all store logs
- Checking and processing measure sheets
- Checking in and out samples as needed and printing overdue sample reports
- Special projects as needed
Position will work approximately 15-20 hours per week. The hours are 4:30pm – 8:15pm on Monday and Wednesdays and Saturdays 8:30am-5:15pm.
Reception and/or general office experience preferred
Ability to multitask in a fast paced retail sales environment
Proficient in Microsoft Office
This position acts as a liaison between our customers, sales managers, and sales consultants and is a key person in our showroom operations.
Lewis Floor & Home is looking for an experienced sales consultant to join our team at our Northbrook showroom. The ideal candidate will have flooring or other home decor sales experience, excellent organization, interpersonal, communication and project management skills. Design experience is a plus. Responsibilities will include:
- Consulting with customers on flooring solutions, countertops, kitchen and bath remodeling, and window treatments
- Managing the sales process from qualification to close
- Working with warehouse staff, measure staff, co-workers and management to ensure product is installed on time and accurately
- Keeping current on products in the showroom and trends in the flooring industry
- Scheduling measures, sample tracking, and status reporting
Lewis Floor & Home offers a generous benefit package, including health insurance; dental, life and disability insurance; and a 401K plan. Please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.