“You make it home, we make it beautiful”
Welcome to Our Story—We’re delighted you’re visiting our Lewis Floor & Home website and invite you to tour other pages to learn more about us and all we offer. For over sixty years, our friends and neighbors have turned to us for their home and decorating needs. Come along on this website voyage to learn about our exceptional products, services, and full capabilities.
“When did it all begin and where?”
Travel back to 1954 and the driveway outside a small building on Skokie Blvd in Northbrook. Notice something that’s missing? It’s the sound of cars on the expressway for one. Our original home on the Northbrook prairie was built prior to the Edens Expressway.
In the beginning, dreams were big, but our capabilities were smaller. First opened by Earl Lewis in the early 50’s, our smallish 800 square foot facility was devoted exclusively to carpeting and carpet cleaning. Since then, three generations of family members have grown the business, which has expanded several times under Steve Lewis’s direction. In 1997, to better meet our customers’ demand for greater selection, Steve purchased the building and property adjacent to the original location and changed the company name to reflect even more services. Now, the newly re-branded “Lewis Floor & Home” was able to offer tile, wood, vinyl, countertops, window treatments, a rug gallery and fine cabinetry.
The rest is history—ours—featuring 30 years of the absolute best in home design; fresh new ideas and fashions and constantly evolving services. We’ve changed with the times and set the bar, but have never lost sight of the fundamentals that have defined distinctions forever: quality products, a personal touch, community involvement, price points for every budget, a world-class caring staff, and the best styles offered. Oh, and one more thing that has never changed changed—you can always find a Mr. Lewis here. Try that in a big box store.
What range of products and services do you offer?
Under one roof, carpet, tile, wood and so much more. Everything your eye, heart, imagination, and budget can desire for your distinctive home is here along with something else no one offers—the Lewis reputation for quality and service. It’s all on premises, proudly displayed for your one-stop shopping pleasure and available for immediate delivery from our 26,000 sq. ft showroom and 33,000 Sq. ft. warehouse.
We’ve spent decades offering customers the finest carpets, area rugs, ceramic tile, wood, laminate, and vinyl surfaces. Don’t forget our fine cabinetry and accessories; exquisite stone counter tops, Hunter Douglas Window treatments (its curtains for the competition), and everything else that impresses guests and you! We also have professional installers in every product category.
Visit our Commercial Flooring page to discover our extensive business services. And check out our unique and extremely helpful Insurance Program that can save you time and money with your insurance claims.
Ten wonderful reasons to choose us
- Quality: This is what’s at the heart of every product and service we offer. You’ll find quality up and down the aisles and in the genuine Lewis smiles that greet you.
- Fashion: Our good taste is always in style. Customers are always proud to say, “It’s from Lewis Floor & Home.”
- Value: You get more than you pay for and that includes service, warranties and even help with insurance claims if you’ve experience flood or other damage.
- Selection: Product selection is our biggest competitive advantage. Because of the depth of products we have and the way we buy, we can get you the best pricing. It’s “savvy” buying and convenient one-stop shopping!
- Trust: “We deliver what we promise, we do what we say we’re going to do, when we say we’re going to do it,” says Steve Lewis.
- Staff: Every Lewis employee keeps an “I” on things—“What can “I” do for you?” “How else can ‘I’ help?” Our professional sales people, expert installers, customer service specialists, warehouse pros, office and administrative team, ordering and buying people, and our managers and other leaders keep their “I’s” peeled on pleasing you!
- Purchasing: Our perfectly picky purchasers have shopped the world and brought back to Northbrook the best products in multiple categories the world has to offer.
- Commitment to the community: We get so much from Northbrook and the surrounding communities and we give back, with involvement in the Northbrook Chamber and sponsorship of many events. Every June, we donate a portion of our sales to the Cancer Wellness Center in Northbrook, which provides 100% free services to people in the community. We participate in the ORT education foundation and contribute to Moraine Valley Township along with numerous other worthy organizations.
- The future: We’re committed to earning your business now and for the next 100 years—an idea that was first born way back on the Northbrook prairie in 1954.
- Genuine caring: Lewis Floor & Home exists for the joy of rolling out the red carpet to customers like you.